Is Cantaloupe Poisonous?

Although there are rumors that cantaloupe is poisonous, this is not the case at all. Most people who do not have an allergy to cantaloupe can safely eat it without any adverse reactions whatsoever, though it does vary from person to person. Cantaloupe can however be poisonous for certain animals such as dogs or cats, specifically the rind.

It is highly recommended that you avoid feeding cantaloupe to your pets as it could cause a number of health problems for them, including upset stomach, vomiting, and diarrhea. Cantaloupe rind is considered to be dangerous and even poisonous for many animals because of the adverse reactions it can cause.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *