Salmon can be dangerous for dogs to ingest because of the fact that certain parasites can live in the blood and cause extreme health problems and even sometimes death for dogs and other types of animals. It is highly recommended that anyone who has a dog not feed them raw salmon.
As long as you cook or smoke the salmon before feeding it to the dog, it shouldnâ€™t do any harm at all. By cooking the salmon beforehand you will essentially eliminate all of the potentially dangerous parasites that may be living in the blood of the salmon. Even after the salmon die the parasites still remain active until the fish is fully cooked or smoked.