Are Cherry Pits Poisonous?

Because cherry pits contain small traces of cyanide, they are considered to be poisonous, although very mildly so.

There are certain animals which should not be fed cherry pits, such as rabbits, dogs, and horses. While consuming a few cherry pits will most likely not noticeably affect a person’s health, it is highly recommended that they refrain from eating them as much as possible.

Some animals can be adversely affected by these pits, which is why it is so important to keep these away from them at all times. Usually the poison is only activated after the cherry pit has been cracked open.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *